Sunday, August 3, 2008

1 Chronicles 16

You all have been working so hard at studying God's Word, and I am so extremely proud of you. Thank you for spurring me on with your words of encouragement. Just like David, I think it would be appropriate to take a time out for a session of thanksgiving.

So, I am not going to blog about 1 Chronicles 16. What I want you to do is to get alone with God and to read David's prayer in this chapter out loud. Lift your voice and glorify God. And who cares what your children or the neighbors think about you. Let them think you are out of your mind talking to yourself. It's about half true anyway, right?

After you have read the chapter through once or even twice, choose your favorite Scripture from the passage. Write it on an index card and memorize it. Carry it with you this week as your Word from God. Let your blog sisters know which verse you chose so we can rejoice with you too.

My Word from this passage is 1 Chronicles 16:10 "Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice." I am writing it on a card even now, and I will put it in my pocket. When you see me this week, please ask to see my card, and ask me to say my verse to you, okay!

Love ya!
dana

5 comments:

  1. My word is v. 23 "Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day".

    ReplyDelete
  2. V. 34 "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to pick two.
    v.11 "Depend on the Lord and his strength; always go to him for help" NCV
    talk about a word in season

    v. 36 "Praise the Lord, the God of Israel. He always was and always will be. All the people said "Amen" and praised the Lord."

    WOOHOO there is absolutely no limit to my God

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine, we are glad you are joining us again. How is your new job coming along? I pray you will take these verses with you to work and speak God's praise throughout your day as you adjust to the stresses of a new work environment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for asking Dana. My new job is going great. I am absolutely loving it. I forgot to take my verses with me today, but as I pray, I am praying 1 Chronicles 16:11 "Depend on the Lord and his strength; always go to him for help." What a difference it made in my day!!!!! Please continue to keep me in your prayers about my job. I always want to be a blessing to my patients and the other staff. Also please pray for my daughter, I had to take her to the doctor on Saturday morning, the doctors thing that her thyroid gland is dying. I so missed being able to be at Beth Moore, but I was taking care of the victims of a motorcycle accident that happened just up from my house. I didn't even have time to thing about it until about 8:30.

    ReplyDelete