Wednesday, May 27, 2009

John 3

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16 sums up everything I know about the Bible. I believe in Jesus! Have you become a Believer yet? How many people have you told?

Jump over to my friend Kenny's blog. He has posted a Penn Says video in which a Las Vegas magician/atheist talks about proselytizing. He is more impressed with Christians who are honest enough to share their beliefs than he is with those who are afraid to offend him.

It made me think of Nicodemus in John 3. He came to see Jesus at night, probably because he didn't want any of his Pharisee friends to see him. Too often, we stop reading this chapter at verse 16. Yet, in verses 19-21, Jesus calls Nicodemus evil because of his fear of having his deeds exposed. Jesus said in verse 21, "But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

Girls, I'm tired of being a Nicodemus. I want everyone to know that I believe in Jesus. Sometimes it's tempting to think that they will understand that since I am a preacher's wife. Well, being a preacher's family member, just like being a church member, does NOT make you saved! Having a conversation with someone about the weather does not move them any closer to God either. Let's make it a point to ask people today if they believe that God sent Jesus to the earth to pay for their sins. We don't get any points for assuming they've heard the Gospel.

Let's go live as children of the true Light!

5 comments:

  1. It is sad that Penn still won't accept God. However, years down the road that one encounter may make a world of difference and he may come to know Christ all because of that first encounter. Christ has really been laying on my heart the past several months that every thing I say and/or do has the power to negatively or positively impact another person's life. And I may never know what the impact may be, but I definetly want it to be a positive one in the direction of the Lord! I so want to make a difference in someone else's life and lead them to Christ as their Savior!! I have to be bold enough to speak up when God is telling me to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has really brought it to my attention this week that I have very little patience for people and that I lash out in negativity. Pray for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like something specifically happened. I haven't ever seen you just lash out at people. But yes, I will pray for you!! Don't be too hard on yourself, we are all going to have those moments. But we are forgiven because of God's mercy!! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are doing the Blackaby study "Your Church Experiencing God Together." It has been a fabulous study. However, it has really helped me to see that I get frustrated with people who don't see God's vision as quickly as I want them to see it. The prophet in me comes out, and I want to give them the what for! I start using phrases like, "No one wants to seek God;" "Everybody is lazy;" "Nobody has any ideas about how to serve Jesus." My thoughts are judgmental rather than encouraging.

    I thank you for your prayers because this week I got on my knees and asked God and my husband to forgive me for my attitude of pride, negativity, and disrespect. I cried, but the Spirit has cleansed me, and God is now opening my eyes to the people all around me who are seeking Him wholeheartedly. Our God is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to keep our focus on God all of the time with so many others things taking from us. But it does get frustrating when someone else does have the same level of passion or excitement you have for Jesus and doing His work. We just have to remember that every person is going to be at different levels at many different times than we are with Jesus. That's ok. Remember God has each of us right where we are to be, and sometimes it is also because that person has chose to distance themself from Him. We can't change them, but we have to keep encouraging and doing what God has called each of us to do. And remember God calls each one of us to do different things for Him too. Thankfully, not every one has the same passion. Things would really be a mess. Love you and Keep looking up!! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete