Sunday, May 10, 2009

John 1:1-5

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. John 1:1-5

This is one of my favorite descriptions of who Jesus is. He is the Word of God, and He is God. He is eternal, and He is the agent of creation. Genesis 1 tells us that God spoke things into being. John 1 tells us Jesus is the Word of God. This concept is so huge that it is tough to wrap your mind around it, but I believe it is crucial to our Christianity. Do you believe that God spoke the world into being and that Jesus was the Word that made it happen? I hope you will respond to this blog post with your thoughts and beliefs.

As I am writing, I am listening to Matthew West's song, "The Motions." I agree with his statement, " I don't want to go through the motions." At the end of my life, I don't want to be asking the question, "What if I had given God everything?" I want to worship Him with everything I have! How about you?

1 comment:

  1. I, too, don't want to just go through the motions every day. I so want God to fill me with his all consuming passion! So many days it does seem to just be going through the motions. My prayer is that God changes us even through those times of going through just the motions and that His all consuming passion is inside me for others to see!!!

    ReplyDelete