Monday, May 11, 2009

John 1

The thing that stands out the most in this chapter is the word testimony. It should make us stop to think about our own testimony about Jesus. Do I make a conscious effort to tell other people about the difference Christ makes in my life? Do my words and actions point others toward knowledge of eternal salvation?

John the Baptist was very adamant about leading others to follow the Messiah. He did not want any glory for himself, and he did not worry about losing his own followers when they chose to follow Christ. John's entire life was a testimony that said, "Look! The Lamb of God!" (v. 35)

The first thing Andrew did after discovering the Messiah was to go tell his brother. (v. 41) Philip also immediately told a friend about Jesus. (v. 45) Have you and I lost the urgency in telling our friends and relatives about Christ?

Just in case I haven't told you, Jesus Christ is the real thing! He came from the Father to be the Savior of the world, and He wants to be your personal Savior. Will you invite Him to cleanse you of your sin today?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Dana. Your life is a testimony of God's love. You showed it to me at times I thought no one cared. Thank you for sharing! My life has changed because of you and others who listened to God and chose to believe in Him. I am so thankful to the many who have changed my life and showed me God. I have a dear friend who had a life changing impact on leading me to Christ. Her name is Michele. She showed me God's love during an extremely difficult time in my life, my divorce. Several months later I gave my life to Christ. I pray that my life is a reflection of Him also and that I too have changed the lives of others, even if it's just one other person, it was all worth it!!

    ReplyDelete