Monday, July 3, 2017

Do You Need A New Wardrobe?

Because my life is being renewed in the image of my Creator, I need a new wardrobe. The things that felt comfortable in my old life, before I became a child of the King of kings, are out of place and out of style.

Colossians 3:5-11 characterized my life before Christ and without the control and discipline of Christian living. Colossians 3:12-24 characterize how I can live because of Christ.
Because I am chosen by God and dearly loved by Him, I can clothe myself in these virtues:
  • Compassion
  • Kindness
  • Humility
  • Gentleness
  • Patience
  • Forgiveness
  • Love
  • Unity
  • Peace
  • Thankfulness
  • Singing
  • Gratitude
This upgraded wardrobe is much more fitting for a daughter of the King. My grandmother always said, "Pretty is as pretty does." I think these virtues would meet her criteria. I know I feel much more beautiful on the outside when I am thinking and behaving in beautiful ways on the inside. I'm certain my heavenly Father will approve of my new clothing. Which item(s) are you adding to your wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment