Saturday, July 22, 2017

Hope Changes Everything!


Ya'll, I don't know about you, but I need me some hope! God bless you people who watch the daily news. I can't do it. It makes me too depressed. If I believe the mainstream media, or social media, I lose all hope.

Almost everyone I know is facing some sort of struggle. In the past two days, I have been made aware of at least six families who need a miracle. They need clothes, food, shelter, transportation, and health care. They need hope. It is overwhelming, and I feel powerless to help because the needs are so great. I need hope!

So, I opened God's Word, and I found hope in the book of 1 Peter Chapter 1. We can praise God for His mercy, which fills us with a living hope (1:3). We can set our hope on the grace to be given us when Christ is revealed (1:13). Our faith and hope are in God (1:21).

Our hope cannot be in the material wealth of this world. Even gold will perish in a fire (1:7). Our hope cannot be in people, because they will disappoint us and disappear when we need them the most (1:24). Our hope cannot be in our own good works, because even when we try to obey God's Word, our evil desires get the best of us (1:14).

Our hope is in our heavenly inheritance (1:4).  Even when we suffer grief in all kinds of trials (1:6), we can have hope. Even though we cannot see Christ, we love Him. We believe Him. We are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy (1:8). Our goal, our hope, is in the salvation of our souls (1:9). Now, that's the kind of hope I've been looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment