Saturday, August 19, 2017

What's Your Story?

If Jesus came back tomorrow, would you be ready to meet Him? How did you come to know Jesus as your Savior? Do your friends and family know the story of how you decided to become a God follower? Have you ever written it down on paper? If not, then why not now?

If someone asked you why you believe in Jesus, could you tell them? Please don't give the Sunday school answer, "Because the Bible tells me so." It has to be more personal than that. Who is Jesus to you? Where in the Bible can you find Scriptures that confirm that Jesus is LORD of your life? When did you answer the door and let Jesus into your life? Why did God choose you, and what did He call you to do for His glory? Please stop right now and write your story. People need to hear it, and your faith will grow stronger as you share it.

Paul shared his story with Timothy in 1 Timothy 1:12-19. He told a part of Timothy's story too. Paul began his story by telling what he used to be: a blasphemer, persecutor, and ignorant unbeliever. Paul did not deserve God's forgiveness, yet he was shown mercy. God gave Paul strength and chose him to serve in the Kingdom. Paul confessed he was the worst of sinners, yet he was given grace, faith, and love when he came to Christ. Jesus will also show patience to you if you will believe in Him and receive eternal life.

In 1 Timothy 1:2, 18, Paul told part of Timothy's story too. Paul called Timothy his "true son in the faith." This indicates that Paul may have been the one who led Timothy to faith in Christ. We know for certain that Paul was a mentor to Timothy. Who have you led to Christ? Who are you mentoring now? I guarantee your faith will grow if you will commit to share your faith with others. Paul also encouraged Timothy to recall the prophecies once made about him so he could fight the battle well.  When I was in high school, my best friend's grandmother prophesied that I would be a preacher's wife. Girl, I took that word and ran with it, and I am living that dream today! What is the prophecy over your life? I dare you to seek God's call and purpose for your life and to chase Him with passion.

I have written my story, and I would be thrilled to hear your story! Will you share it with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment