Saturday, August 19, 2017

This is My Story

When my mom was a little girl, she asked God to give her a godly husband and children. So, I grew up under that blessing in a loving, Christian family. My parents and my brother are faithfully serving Jesus today. My husband, my children, and my nieces and nephews are all followers of God as well. What a blessing!

When I was 8 years old (1977), we had a city-wide revival in Keyes, OK. One of my friends went forward at the revival; so I began asking lots of questions. One night while helping set the table for supper, I asked my mom when I would be able to ask Jesus in my heart. We sat down on our blue and green velvet couch, and I asked God to forgive me of my sin and for Jesus to be my Savior. I was baptized then at the Methodist church, and then about a year later, our family was baptized together at the Baptist church.

I am more in love with Jesus today than I ever could have imagined. I want to be known as a lover of the Word! My greatest desire is to glorify God and to invite others to join me. Psalm 34:3 is my life verse, "Come, glorify the LORD with me. Let us exalt His Name together!" God placed a call on my life at Falls Creek in 1986, the summer before my senior year in high school. It thrills me to be answering His call as a pastor's wife, as a teacher, a counselor, and as a missionary everywhere He leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment