Tuesday, August 18, 2009

John 14

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me." (v. 1) These words of Jesus are certainly appropriate for our lives today. Whenever I ask people how they are doing, more often than not, their answers are filled with the worries crowding their minds. Does stress have you buried? Trust in God. Trust in Jesus.

In the remainder of John 14, Jesus gives us a list of things of which we can be assured.

(v. 2) Jesus is preparing a place in heaven for his followers.

(v. 6) Jesus is the only way to heaven. He is the only truth. He is the only life. There is no other way to the Father except through his son Jesus.

(v. 10) Jesus and the Father are one.

(v. 13) Jesus will do what we ask in his name and for his glory.

(v. 16) Jesus will send the Comforter in the form of the Holy Spirit, who will live within us.

(v. 28) Jesus is coming again!

Our responsibility in God's grand scheme: Trust. Love. Obey.

When all around you is a sea of trouble, rest in these promises, my friend. Pass them along to someone else who is plagued by worry today.

2 comments:

  1. The day I wrote this blog post, God allowed me to share His encouraging Word with people who were plagued by worry. I told them the one thing I am clinging to is that Jesus has promised to return to earth. I am longing for that blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is so hard to Trust God and not be troubled by things? I know He has it all under control and yet I still worry. I know His way is better than my way, but that isn't enough. Why not? It sounds easy enough. It sounds much better than worrying, so why can't I do it? I know it's a matter of choice and sometimes I can trust Him and other times I take it back. Why, why, why???

    ReplyDelete