Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Acts 3 & 4

After the walk through Acts 2 and the overview of the work of the Holy Spirit throughout Acts, I thought I would move on to the book of Romans (which is my favorite book in the Bible, btw.)  I am SO glad that the Spirit prompted me to take a peek at Acts 3-4 though!  There is power in the Word, ladies.  I started this chronological Bible study in June 2008, and it was only supposed to take me 61 days.  Ha!  It took me two years to study from Genesis to the Resurrection of Jesus, because God keeps showing up and showing off in Scripture, and I don't want to miss a single drop of His goodness.  I took six years off, and I am so grateful that God didn't let me go, but has drawn me back to this study with His loving kindness.  (Romans 2:4)  One of my favorite plaques says, "Faith in God includes faith in His timing."  I believe God has brought you and me to the study of His Holy Spirit at just the right time.  I agree with several other believers who say that we are seeing a mighty work of God in this day and age, and I want to be part of it!  How about you?

Acts 3 & 4 tells us the story when Peter and John healed a man who had been lame from birth, and then they took the heat from the Jewish council over their actions.  Talk about a life change, and I'm not even referring to the man who learned to walk instantly as an adult!  In less than two months, Peter went from a cursing scaredy cat who denied Jesus to a courageous believer who invoked the healing power of Jesus.  Before the resurrection of Jesus, Peter cowered and then hid from the Sanhedrin.  After the resurrection, Peter defied the authorities and performed miracles.  That's the power of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer, girls.  Give me some of that!!

My favorite thing about ministry is to see God changing lives.  It excites me to see entire families transformed when they come to salvation in Christ.  The power of a changed life is inspiring!  So, I really want to hear your story.  Do you have a testimony that indicates, "I once was lost, but now I'm found," or "I once was lame, but now I walk," or "I once was a scaredy cat, but now I'm bold"?  Will you write your story in the comments?

I want you to become a pro at sharing your Jesus story.  It doesn't have to be long and detailed.  In fact, sometimes you only have a minute or two to tell your story to a lost friend.  Sometimes we are scared or embarrassed to talk about our salvation, but girls, no one can deny your story of how Jesus changed your life! (Acts 4:14)  In truth, there are people whose eternal destination depends on your personal testimony of the change God has brought in you.  A guest pastor recently challenged my church family with this question, "How bad must I hate my neighbor not to tell him about Jesus?"

Girls, we probably don't have silver or gold, but let's start sharing Jesus!  (Acts 3:6)  If you want help getting started, begin by asking questions.  That's what my blog is all about!  Let's glorify the Spirit together!!

p.s.  I didn't even get to the following topics in our chapters today:  miracles, the Trinity, Jesus' return, unity in the body, or Barnabas.  Let me know if you want to discuss any of these nuggets of gold.  I just can't get enough of God's Word, girls!!


No comments:

Post a Comment